Old 18-01-2006, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default OT for Chris French

"chris French" wrote after
Sacha wrote
Have you sent me 3 emails by any chance? All are marked as being from
urgfaq with your name as part of the address.

No, sounds like a virus infection on someone else machine that has the
address in the windows Address book.

I too have suspected for some while that someone that posts on this Ng has
an infected computer as I have received mail from, as Sacha intimates she
has, similar addresses to some posters with virus attachments. I've also had
mail bounce back to me as if I sent it, with virus attachments, suggesting
I'm in the address book of an infected computer that is thereby sending out
infected mail with my address, or a slightly changed one, as the sender.

Cannot believe anyone using the net would not have a good Anti-Virus Program
and run a full scan at least monthly.

A Free anti-virus tool at...
http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Vir...6.html?tag=pop

and a free proper Firewall (Zonealarm) at
http://www.download.com/ZoneAlarm-Ti...7.html?tag=txt and
it tells you how to set it up properly too.

Although personally I always believe you get what you pay for which is why I
use McAfee for both. :-)
--
Regards
Bob