Old 18-01-2006, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Flowers amongst my veggies

On 18/1/06 23:08, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

Lettuce Pray wrote:

This year I would like to grow some flowers amongst my veggies

(snip)

Hiya Jonny.
I know you've posted twice - I thought you were trolling ... sorry )

Here is a site which is a good start.
http://www.organicgardening.org.uk/factsheets/gg44.php

Also:-
Basil improves the flavour of many garden vegetables, specifically
tomatoes
and lettuce, and repels flies and mosquitoes

Borage near strawberries and tomatoes attracts bees, which help to
improve crop yield by pollinating plants

That comes from: http://www.thecei.org.uk/Beanstalk/companion_plants.htm

Comfrey Tap roots bring minerals to the surface of the soil.

And: http://www.thecei.org.uk/Beanstalk/companion_plants.htm

Dill and fennel attract hoverflies, which then eat aphids. Dill grows
well
next to lettuce and cucumbers

Goodness gracious me. Imagine, so does this:
http://www.thecei.org.uk/Beanstalk/companion_plants.htm

Garlic and chives keep away aphids and black spot and planted round
fruit trees/ bushes discourage insects from climbing the trunk. Garlic
also improves the growth and health of raspberry bushes and can enhance
the production of oils in herbs Chives enhance the flavour and growth
of tomatoes, carrots, apples, berries and grapes.

And whoop de doo here it is again:
http://www.thecei.org.uk/Beanstalk/companion_plants.htm
snip

So, you fraud, would you like to tell us how all this worked for you when
you tried it out? I have found the web site from which you have filched
this material but to which you make no attribution. Why do you do that?

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk