Old 23-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Andy Spragg

Default Growing potatoes in tyres

"Natalie" pushed briefly to the front of the
queue on Sun, 23 Feb 2003 10:32:15 -0000, and nailed this to the shed
door:

^ Have any of you had experience of growing potatoes using old tyres?
^
^ I've read it might not be a good idea because of chemicals leaking from the
^ tyres. What do you think?
^
^ This is a project that I want to do at school. I'm sure not many of the
^ children (or their parents) understand how potatoes grow!

Chemical idea sounds plausible, but pragmatically speaking, in respect
of yield, from actual experience of trying it once I would have to say
it was a bit of a disaster. But then, I only tried it after I saw a TV
program where they ended up with what seemed like a solid column of
potatoes inside, so maybe I did something wrong. But then again, I'm
not a complete dunderhead when it comes to growing things, so for a
school project maybe it's a bit too challenging.

Andy

--
sparge at globalnet point co point uk

FWIW(NVM),IMO(NVH)...