Old 19-01-2006, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
les

Default Hellebores

There was recently a discussion on this newsgroup which suggested that in
order to see the flowers to their best effect you should remove all of the
old leaves. I have a Hellebores Niger which has lots of good, strong, heathy
growth which completely hides several flower buds underneath. As this is the
first time I have planted Hellebores I am unsure what to do. Should I remove
this healthy growth or should I just leave it and the flower stems will grow
above it?

Les