Old 19-01-2006, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea

Default OT for Chris French

In article , Sacha
writes
I received another email, with unopened attachment, from a friend who was
working in Cairo. I checked with him and he hadn't been in touch with me
yesterday. He's going to contact his secretary in Cairo and get her to
check if there have been any shenanigans with regard to his computer.

Sacha, it sounds as if your address book has been "invaded" and
everyone in it will probably get an email purporting to be from you -
this happened to a colleague of mine recently on her home computer.
I have just done a search on my Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition and I
see that I have a virus in quarantine - now quickly removed! I tried to
do a trail through stuff to see where and when it came in but
unfortunately I am not very computer literate so I couldn't find the
source. Fortunately anything that comes in here, (my own personal
computer) is well screened and on my official computer, I am behind an
NHS Firewall.
--
Judith Lea