Old 19-01-2006, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Flowers amongst my veggies

On 19/1/06 16:51, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
If you're going to take material directly from someone else's work it's
considered polite to put quotes round it and make it clear what you're
doing. Which is probably why you never do so.

Do you know what time it was when I wrote last night?! Do you know that
I have a life, a lot of homework, a demanding full time job, kids, pets
etc. I am passionate about it all, but for the love of god JUST LEAVE
ME ALONE the PAIR OF YOU! Is it because I'm French I'm getting this?
Tell me, have you got a problem with foreeneers?

You're getting pulled up on bad behaviour and poor information because you
dish it out. You've just given someone rubbishy 'information' on how to
grow beans, for example, as Kay remarked. To suggest that it's because you
are French is simply ridiculous. As it is, I have two nieces who are
half-French and whose mother comes from Bordeaux where her stepfather owns a
rather wonderful wine chateau. I have French friends who live in St Malo
who will be visiting us later this month and I have been the guest at the
wedding of the son of one of them and a house guest of the other. I have a
standing invitation to stay at the St Malo and St Briac houses one couple
owns and to sail with them whenever the opportunity may arise. I started
learning French at the age of four in my Jersey school and I keep a French
dictionary by my bedside so as to refresh my memory from time to time. So
you're on a hiding to nothing trying to make me out to be a Francophobe.
And if you had been around this group long enough to learn anything about
its members, you would know that I am one of the first to welcome foreigners
who happen upon this group when, perhaps, others think their posts out of
place.

And no SACHA, YOU HAVEN''T INVENTED GARLIC! And I don't give a fig
about your husband! Why should I do?! What on earth are you on? Just go
away. Yes?

And again, you are obtuse in your answers as well as mendacious. I don't
recall claiming to have invented garlic and you repeatedly drag my husband
and his business (which is not mine and from which I derive no income,
having my own) into your playground attempts to insult me. As I said - this
is undoubtedly because you are jealous but it is particularly juvenile of
you. It is wrong of you to pass off the work or research of others as if it
were your own and to give advice on methods which you do not admit to not
having experienced for yourself. It is totally misleading to those asking
for help because you give the erroneous impression in your posts of knowing
what you're talking about, instead of explaining that you've simply recycled
someone else's work and have no personal experience in depth, of what you're
advising them on. Nobody else behaves like this on here - all of us give
attributions to the work of others - I even say when the advice I'm passing
on comes from my husband and not from me because I think it honest to do so!
And the rest of us pass on information we have read but not experienced,
with that caveat. It's the proper thing to do and it's the most honest way
to help others with their queries. I suggest you might try it.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk