Old 23-02-2003, 09:41 PM
Mike

Default waste pipe

In article , exxos
writes

"Mike" wrote in message
In article , exxos
writes
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right group though anyway... I'm trying to

track
down something 19" (ish) in diameter such as a large pipe of some
description. I've tried phoning builders yards and even card tube
manufactures with no luck. I've looked into buckets and bins though it

can't
have slopped sides it has to be straight. The only pipe I can find is at
home and trade which is 6.3" in dia. Has anyone got any suggestions ?

cheers,
Chris

Don't know if the measurement has to be exact or approx., or how long it
has to be, but I have a 60 litre Oil drum which is about 15 - 16 inches
diameter (dark outside at the moment and cannot see all that well)

I have seen on the back of lorries black pipe which looks as though it
is 'sort of' flexible via corrugations. Any good? and what length do you
want?

If it is just for the diameter for a former, how about a piece if metal,
lino, heavy card, carpet???

Mike

I did make a form which was 3foot high and 2foot across out of wood once
before though its very time consuming and its too cold ATM for wood cutting
;-) anyway, 19" isn't super crytical though 19" dia is ideal, height is
anything over 25inches. It has to be ridged and flat, I intend to wrap 0.4mm
wire around it so it has to support the wire and not flop about. Winding is
hard work so the sides have to be totally flat like normal waste pipe is. I
could use metal as a template form, I could make a fiberglass version of it
and use that, plastic would be ideal ( or anything which doesn't conduct ).
I know it all seems a bit ood, but just go with it ;-)

chris

Wow!! Some Inductor;-) or are we into short wave?
and would a metal core/former be of no use in that case?

http://www.collingwoodassoc.org.uk/ Reunion. Chatham May 30th - June 2nd

Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Reunion October 2003 Isle of Wight.
National Service (RAF) Association reunion. Nov 2003 Scarborough.