Old 21-01-2006, 12:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Lady Blacksword

Default January issue of Orchids magagzine--a snore

Hey, which OS are you in, Nick? I live in Mooresville, and am in CVOS.
Murri
wrote in message
oups.com...
Al wrote:
I think it is somewhat weird to award a grower a CCM or CCE and then
present
him/her with a bill to register it..

I would suppose that AOS awards are mainly of interest to commercial
growers, so can it be written off as a business expense?

I can't see much point of the AOS judging system for the average
hobbyist, particularly the flower quality awards. I don't take my
plants to judging, but I don't imagine that the satisfaction of an AOS
award is any greater than the pleasure that I derive (at no cost) from
hearing my friends Oooh and Aaah over a plant at the local society
meeting.