Old 24-02-2003, 08:34 AM
BAC

Default robins in the garden

"Peter" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
news
In article , BAC
writes

snip

Robins can become accustomed to humans very quickly - I've known several
which would take food from the hand, for instance, and I wasn't trying

imply that disaster would automatically follow checking out progress on

the
nest. I just wouldn't want to take the risk, personally.

When you were staring at your robins, did they become more agitated

if/when
you blinked? I've heard a theory that robins associate blinking with

biting
or swallowing, and it would be interesting to know whether you'd noticed
anything on those lines.

I have a robin that follows me around the garden when I am digging,

usually
keeps about 3 feet from me. However,over the past few weeks a thrush

?(light
brown, slightly mottled breast, orange beak) has been feeding 1 foot from

me
as I have been clearing a border, I have never experienced this before and
it is charming.

It does sound charming. Song Thrushes have become a rare sight in my garden,
so I envy you.