Old 21-01-2006, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
Vox Humana

Default Angel Trumpet & Confedrate Rose cuttings

"Tom J" wrote in message
ink.net...
I gathered some Angel Trumpet & Confederate Rose stalks in late November
after the leaf drop. I cut them into 12" pieces and stuck the in containers
of tap water. They are growing tops like crazy and the Angel Trumpet sticks
have roots 4 to 6" long already. The Confederate Rose sticks don't seem to
have roots yet.

What should I do next?

My brugmansias grew very large and since they were in pots, were toppled by
high winds last summer. I put the pieces that broke off in a bucket of
water and some of them rooted. Like yours, the rood got quite long before I
got around to potting them. I put them in large pots with a mixture of
potting soil and organic peat. They didn't miss a beat. I have two of them
on my kitchen table right now and I gave some away. The mother plants were
severally pruned so I could get them into the house for the winter. They
are semi-dormant in my basement. You can see them he
http://groups.msn.com/laurelridgegar...to&PhotoID=731
http://groups.msn.com/laurelridgegar...to&PhotoID=732
http://groups.msn.com/laurelridgegar...to&PhotoID=795