Old 21-01-2006, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default An open letter to the CEO of the Woodland Trust

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:11:37 +0000, Andy Cap
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:02:56 +0000, wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:09:41 +0000, Andy Cap
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:58:52 +0000,
wrote:

www.con-servation.org.uk
The website that exposes the con in conservation

Ms Sue Holden
Chief Executive
The Woodland Trust
Autumn Park
Dysart Road
Grantham
Lincolnshire, NG31 6LL

An Open Letter

Dear Ms Holden

Toxic Trees?

I was interested to read your panic stricken press release on the same
day as Dr Keppler's research results were published that suggested
plants may release enough methane to account for 10 to 30 per cent
produced each year around the planet. In the light of this I think it
is extremely irresponsible for you to try to contradict the findings
to protect your own interests.

SNIP Rant

Where I live the pressure on small woodland for development of tens of
thousands of new houses is very real and present landowners are of
course tempted to sell.

They should be protected but not by those who exploit them for
recreation.

I really can't see any reason why they should not be used for
recreation. What's the point of having land enclosed unnecessarily. I
thought the plan was to make more land available.

The reason they should not be used (abused?) for recreation is that
man's imprint needs to be reduced - not expanded by fake conservation
organisations.

If you are specifically criticising irresponsible dog owners, then I
am in full agreement with you, that they should exercise proper
control.

Dog owners will use facilities that are available to them. The
Woodland Trust is providing these facilities and without any
supervision.

The main problem is too many people but that's for another group.

Exactly!

I didn't mean in the woods by the way. Just generally ! ;-)

So did I. A 75m increase in population every year on the planet and
we talk about saving the starving?

Angus Macmillan
www.roots-of-blood.org.uk
www.killhunting.org