Old 22-01-2006, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PammyT

Default Convert a wheelie bin to a compost bin help!

"miljee" wrote in message

Dear fellow posters.

For your information, my local council WANT us, the householders to
come up with other uses for our soon-to-be-defunct bins. They have
INVITED us to keep them and use them for other purposes on the basis
that if we don't, they, the council have to collect them from us and
will then chop them up- and chuck them in landfill. That is EXACTLY the
fate of my bin as indicated in the literature from my local council. Do
you consider that preferable?

I did not make this clear in my original post as I thought I was
posting a practical question in search of a practical answer on a
gardening forum not on 'Moral Dilemma! Please Guide Me!' thus did not
feel the need to explain myself. I obviously have not been a memeber of
this forum long enough to realise this prerequisite.

Thankyou to those who did attempt to stick to the point and not get all
moral and superior about this.

Stroppy get. Since you didn't post the info, it is perfectly reasonable to
expect that you, a foreigner here, might not realise the legal impluications
of destroying council property. There will be plenty of people willing to
give a good home to these bins if the council doesn't want them. I doubt
very much theey'll end up in landfill. No doubt they will be chopped up and
recycled.
In future to save you aggro, when you ask a question, give us multi choice
selections of answers which are acceptable to you just in case any of us
reply in a manner you don't want.