Old 24-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Dwayne

Default Seed potatoes

You are probably right. I planted mine on Good Friday one year and they
were frosted right after they came up. I was told not to worry about it,
and sure enough, they all came back. I guess Good Friday is late enough in
the season for them to survive till they can be harvested. I am planning to
plant them this year again on Good Friday ( or within 2 days either side of
that date).

Dwayne

"Ron" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone advise me when seed potatoes will become available. And when to
start planting them. Additionally I intend planting them in compost filled
dustbins, so should I fill 1/3 with compost and then mound the plants up
with additional compost as they grow untill I reach the top of the bins?
Thanks for any advice offered

Paddy