Old 22-01-2006, 11:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Award Registration BY AOS

K -- You are either missing the point, or deliberately evading the question.
Registering with RHS is really EASY, it even takes plastic [no need to wait
for cheques to clear].

What the exhibitor who receives a provisional AOS award REALLY needs to know
is: Once I get my registration back from RHS, what do I do THEN? WHO do I
need to notify that the registration form is back, and HOW do I contact that
person? [Presumably, that person will be able to get the exhibitor through
the rest of the process. If not, that info should also be included in the
instructions I'm asking for.] IF any of that info is on the AOS website, I
couldn't find it.

My Van. [Rhv.] Ocean Storm 'Juno Beach' HCC/AOS received its provisional
award at the Delray Beach OS show, last weekend of October 2004 (as Rhv.
Thailand x V. tessellata). The grex was registered with RHS on 11/8/2004 --
within 2 weeks. The progress stopped altogether at that point, till
October 2005, when I started blindly asking around, of anyone who might know
what needed to happen next, and finally got to Pam Guist, who directed me to
someone else, who then forwarded the whole thing to yet another person. Pam
Guist finally sent me a bill on 12/23/05, which I paid immediately, she
acknowledged receiving the payment 1/4/06, claiming that the award
certificate would be mailed during the week of 1/9. I don't have it yet.

Ctph. [Smbcna.] Garnet Glory was provisionally awarded on the fourth
Saturday in June 2001 (as Ctna. Why Not x Schomb. thomsoniana); registered
with RHS July 17, 2001 -- within 3 weeks. Same story, nothing happened on
AOS' part till I started asking around months later, again blindly, and was
finally pointed to the right person to get it moving. At this late date, I
don't remember exactly when I finally got the award certificate, but it was
no earlier than June 2002, I think more like August or September.

Kenni

"K Barrett" wrote in message
You don't have to send anything anywhere. To quote Glinda the Good Witch,
You've had the power all along. The instructions for a CBR/CHM is on the
AOS webpage, as is the list of AOS appoved taxonomists and the
instructions on getting an unnamed hybrid registered. You have to follow
the links on the AOS homepage to the RHS webpage for their form for
registering a cross. All it takes is a little dedication on your part.

K Barrett

Lady Blacksword wrote:
I know a judge for North Carolina...send it on to me too.
Murri

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:04:25 -0500, "Kenni Judd"
wrote:
.... clip..........

It's the info on the AOS process that seems to be a closely-guarded
secret.
It's been different both times I tried to get an award registered, but
in
each case, it's been extremely onerous compared to the RHS registration
process. Each has taken numerous follow-up calls and/or email messages
on
my part, and taken more than a year. Written instructions would be at
least
a start on remedying this problem. If you write them up, I want a copy
for
myself and I think I can make sure they are given out at the WPB judging
center [which happens to be AOS HQ]. You'll take care of it in your
area,
maybe K will do it in hers, and the rest of the country will have to
fend
for itself G. Kenni