Old 23-01-2006, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-lo

Default HAIR ALGAE TREATMENT - links to black soot algae = Gill = pics

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article , Koi-lo Do Not Reply wrote:
That's part of the problem as well. Elodea and hornwart always thrived
for
me but for the last few months these plants aren't doing well in any of my

They're starving to death. Feed them. Nitrates and phospahtes and K, oh
my!

I am feeding them. I'm using Flourish and Flourish with Iron plus two other
products. It's not making much difference. Nitrates? I have a reading in
that tank of 20 ppm nitrate all the time. I stays pretty stable. The
fertilizers supposed to contain P&K. I'm not doing anything different than
I've done in the past. I can't see why these plants are no longer thriving.

The other tests showed:

Hardness: 300ppm
Alkalinity: 300ppm
PH: 7.8