Old 23-01-2006, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert

Default Rhubarb-Never flowered.

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message
: Thirty years ago I bought seed from T&M~~ Champagne
: perpetual~IMMSMC! I grew a row of thirty crowns which varied tremendously
: but were ideal for my needs. They have now all been discarded {a fresh
: garden has been made} but in all those thirty years not one ever produced
: flower. I have no explanation. With unlimited fym and seaweed,
overfeeding
: is a possible explanation but highly unlikely.
: Non flowering cannot have been part of their heritage!! So
: Best Wishes Brian.
:
Why did you want them to flower, to propagate them? My rhubarb never flower
either, I always assumed the ones in poor conditions flowered to try and
'save' themselves