Old 23-01-2006, 05:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Robert Salmon

Default Chlorophytum spp. - Spider Plant

Oh, my bad. By window box, I meant a window that projects from the side of
the house with glass on all sides and top in which I'm growing a variety of
plants, each in its own pot. I didn't mean one of those troughs that hang
outside a window.

"Cereus-validus-..........." wrote in news:
:

A south or west facing window would be much better.

Stick your finger deep down in the soil to see if it is too wet. Window
boxes always have problems retaining too much water because they have no
drainage.