Old 23-01-2006, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Victor Martinez

Default Chlorotic anubias?

I have a nice Anubias coffeefolia in my small tank that was very
beautiful and very happy. In the past month or so, I've noticed the
leaves have begun turning yellow. Could this be an iron defficiency? The
substrate is laterite, but the anubias sits on a log and I'm not sure
the roots reach the substrate.
Do tanks with laterite bottoms require iron additions to the water
column? Or does the substrate saturate iron in the water?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he