Old 20-02-2003, 06:19 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

Default robins in the garden

wrote in message
I love seeing the robins getting the nest together :-)
I don't want to disturb them, but I'd like to know when the eggs

have
hatched so I can be on the lookout for babies learning to fly. Can

peer into the nest now and again without frightening the parents

away,
or is it important that I leave well enough alone?
Gerard

Gerard,

Leave well alone or you will put off the mother. Your interference
could make her leave the nest completely. You will soon know when
there are babies as the parents will be constantly backwards and
forwards with food, and nest cleaning. The joy will be when they are
fledged and you can watch their first attempts at flying. Not for a
while yet.

Iris McCanna