Old 23-01-2006, 10:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
emntee

Default Phal refuses to not-spike

Hi

It seem there is a contradiction here. It seems to me that if one plant
is not growing any further leaves, then the others shouldn't be growing
new leaves either. 20 leaves on a Phal is great, but I would be
inclined to look further into how you are trying to grow them. There
must be some cultural problem here that we cannot see. I would suspect
that you do not have enough of a temperature variation, but without
further info, this is just a guess.

I live in Western Australia and last year at an orchid show, an
American lady asked me for some advice. She said "My Phailianopsis
refuses to rebloom" I asked her where she was growing it and she said
"Pennsylvania". Which wasn't quite what I meant.

It turned out that she was attempting to grow her 'Phailianopsis' in an
apartment with central heating. Constant teperature = no flowers.

Tony