Old 24-01-2006, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Award Registration BY AOS

K -- If I want fries, I'll slice a potato. From AOS, what I think would be
appropriate would be the instruction sheet we've been discussing. If it's
not your job, please just let me know who I should be talking to. I thought
you were on board, when you were so shocked that instruction sheets for RHS
registration were not being given out at all judging centers. But the
(currently entirely hypothetical, in my area) instruction sheet shouldn't
stop with how to register a new grex with RHS, that's just the start of the
process. It should also include the _next_ step(s), after RHS registration,
for getting a provisional award registered by AOS. Something really simple,
like:

"When you receive the RHS registration for your provisionally-awarded
orchid, please send a copy to [NAME] at [ADDRESS]. [NAME] will process your
award and send the paperwork on to [OTHER NAME, currently Pam Guist, at
OTHER ADDRESS], who will send you an invoice for the award fee ($60 non-AOS
member, $40 AOS member] and make arrangements to send you your award
certificate and slide after your invoice is paid. If you have not received
your invoice within [#] days, please contact [NAME] at [PHONE # OR EMAIL] to
confirm that your RHS registration was received and that no further
information is required."

Obviously, the [NAME], [ADDRESS], [PHONE # OR EMAIL], and maybe even the [#]
will vary by judging center, and so will need to be filled in locally. If
it would make things easier for the local [NAMES], the package could include
a form cover letter for the exhibitor to use when sending the RHS
registration to [NAME], with blanks for identifying the
provisionally-awarded plant, date of provisional award, etc., but that I
leave to those of you on the inside track of this process.

This is something that should end up benefitting AOS as well as exhibitors.
Cash flow would be expedited, the award wouldn't get so stale that the
exhibitor would lose interest before it even gets registered (and therefore
balk at paying) ...

Kenni

"K Barrett" wrote in message
news