Old 24-01-2006, 02:43 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Family Contest

In article ,
Sue wrote:

And I agree obout beans in general.
I grow mostly string type vining beans in the garden and I never worry
about crowding those.

They have some fencing as trellis to climb on.

Great!! You brought up something I wanted to know. Do string beans
need to be in multiple rows or can they be in one long row? I, too,
have a fence that I'd like to grow them on because I don't want to
have to build a trellis thingy. How about standard peas?
My cousin made the mistake of growing corn in one row. I think he was
lucky enough to get one ear.
Sue

Since beans are insect pollinated, it does not matter.
I grew two long rows. One on either side of the fencing I used.

I've not grown peas, but I don't see why they would be any different.
--
Om.