Old 24-01-2006, 07:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Kenni Judd

Default Award Registration BY AOS

Al -- the thought is appreciated!

I am sorry I wasn't clear and that my offer to help was not helpful.
SNIP

Yes, but it also needs to be a specific person there (and there isn't
really a "there" in terms of a physical address, so far as I can tell ... ).
I went hunting on the AOS site and thus reached Pam Guist, who directed me
to someone with the judging center, who forwarded me on to someone more
junior, who then got it up to Pam about a month later.

I am glad you got the info you needed. Was my assumption correct? Did
you
need to contact the Judging center closest to where your various awards
were
given? Where these the people you ultimately contacted who gave you the
help you were looking for? SNIP

Yes, I can picture (and hear!) it, too G.

Your description of the AOS headquarters judging routine and people
walking
in off the street to get plants judged is humorous. I can well imagine
some
poor person all happy with the award, carrying it home proudly and telling
their friends and then getting a bill. That's the AOS for you.

Same general story here -- the WPB center usually meets on the 4th Saturday,
so I rarely get there. And last time I did, I ended up taking the
registrations, because no judging staff was on hand to do so, but when
others saw me filling out my own, they wouldn't let me get away from the
table G.

Orlando is, I think, the 2nd Saturday, but I'd have to be _very_ confident
that I had an FCC in hand to make that drive, and the other two are worse
(Jax would have to be an overnight stay). Kenni

I only have the DC location and they are open only one Saturday afternoon
a month. I would have to close my
greenhouse on my most profitable day to take plants in for judging.
SNIP