Old 25-01-2006, 01:06 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC

Default Organic Compost

G'day

There's a mushroom farm on the highway at Vineyard...maybe you might be
able to buy spent compost from them? Sorry, don't know the name have
just seen it when driving past and I'm sure they have had bagged compost
at the front gate. They would probably be listed in Yellow Pages.

HC ;-)

Chookie wrote:

In article ,
Scott wrote:

Does anyone know a good place to buy bulk Organic Compost near the Hills
District in Sydney?

I want to start a vegetable garden & the soil quality is just crap.

You are on clay, I would imagine. I suggest you look into no-dig gardening --
layering newspaper, manure and straw/hay on top of the soil.

From what I remember, there are a few places out that way that will sell you
bulk spent mushroom compost and similar (ie, by the cubic metre or truckload).
Look under landscaping services.