Old 24-01-2006, 09:22 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Steve

Default Planting figs and muscadines

In article ,
Siouxzi wrote:
I am excited about planting a traditional Celeste, and couple
varieties of large green figs--I enjoyed these when I lived in the
Mediterranean, and I'm hoping that these will have the same fantastic
flavor and texture. I also am nuts about those big black muscadines,

What are the other varieties you're planting? And will they be
pollinated in this area? A number of figs are only pollinated by a
certain wasp so won't produce fruit if grown in an area without the
wasps. I have Celeste and Brown Turkey figs and will likely add a
couple more this spring.

--
Steve