Old 24-01-2006, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Neil Cairns

Default Harvesting gladioli (and other bulb flowers)

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:49:20 +0000, JB
wrote:

My OH is pressing me to put some of my allotment space aside to grow
flowers to cut for the house. Which is fair enough but if I cut
flowers such as gladioli will they regrow next year from the same
bulbs or be too weakened to recover. Is there a trick to cutting
flowers in such a way that they can reliably grow from year to year?

TIA

I grow a selection off plants for cut flowers for my better half.
Glads sweet peas, Chisanths., and last year Princes Alstroemerias
which have long stems and last nearly three weeks in a vase.
Peter J Smith Alstoemerias
Chanctonburry Nursery,
Freepost ANG30254
isbech