Old 24-01-2006, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sla#s

Default starting a briggs + stratton choke engine

"Colin Hammond" wrote in message
SNIP
That's interesting! Where did you get unleaded petrol in the 70s and 80s?

That's what we said to Briggs! But you could get it if you ordered a 45gal
drum. Or a bit sillier if you used lighter fuel!
But the manual said we could use 2 star if lead free was unavailable. You
just had to clean the plug more often.
This all started when some of our teams started to use 5 star thinking it
would be better for the engines but their units started to have more
problems than the other teams. The engines kept stopping at tickover. And as
they were hanging below a helicopter at the time - they were difficult to
restart. We use to have a lots of these problems but using the correct fuel,
particularly when lead free came out, made things a lot better.

Slatts