Old 25-01-2006, 12:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jane

Default support sugar snap peas

Anyone out there grow sugar snap peas? What do you use to support the
vines? We have used string between 5 foot metal poles but the vines top
that and wind around each other then break off at the top in moderate
wind. Any suggestions?

We have had excellent yield in the spring and moderate in the fall in Ohio.

Another question: Our zucchini was doing great last summer until the
squash bugs hit. These are the brown ones which lay rust colored eggs
on the underside of the leaves, not the vine borer insects. Anyone have
any luck dealing with these brown bugs that destroyed the zucchini and
the cantaloupe?

Thanks, Jane