Old 25-01-2006, 04:49 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-lo

Default Around the pond

Walking around the ponds this morning I found the daffodils are up several
inches. Nothing else so far. The pansies have been blooming all winter,
right through the coldest weather. These will bloom until the heat of May
and be replaced with annuals. The water in the ponds has turned green and
there's some hair algae. This goes away as soon as the plants start to
grow. Since the water usually remains quite clear all summer I no longer
use the UV lights. KoiZyme will be added when the water stays around 60F.
We haven't seen the turtle since last fall.
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952