Old 24-02-2003, 09:03 PM
anton

Default Plums

Dwayne wrote in message ...
I was told that by a gentleman who raised peaches and apples professionally
for resale to the public. I ask him about what kind of results I wuld
receive from my trees after I planted two peach trees that had come up from
a compost pile.

The original peaches were bought in a large box packed in the orchard and
sold in a store, purchased and canned by one of our friends. As I said
before both trees produced good peaches, but they ripened 3 weeks apart.
That was kind of nice, because I didnt have to hurry with my canning.
Apparently the two trees I was given that grew from seed, had two different
kinds of rootstock. One from a peach that ripens later than the other.

You've got it wrong, Dwayne. You normally don't even know
when the 'peach from the rootstock' ripens, because the peach doesn't come
from the rootstock, it comes from the scion (the
bit grafted on top of the rootstock)

.That is what I was told by a man who should know. If he was wrong, then
so am I, but my experience leads me to believe he was correct.

You misunderstood what he said.

--
Anton