Old 25-01-2006, 10:05 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Steve

Default Planting figs and muscadines

In article ,
Siouxzi wrote:
I've ordered a Celeste, Alma gold, and Conadria---another green
Meditteranean type. I've not heard of the pollination issue--I presume

All three of those should be fine in terms of pollination. I think Alma
and Conadria a hybrids developed in the southeast US. It's the Smyrna
type figs which need the wasp. These are the ones grown around the
Mediterranean or in California.

Sybil told me to add lots of lime--maybe that will bring my Brown
Turkey back to fruition.

Don't go overboard with the lime. The pH should be around 6.0.

--
Steve