Old 25-01-2006, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman

Default heating cable - joints etc

How were the ends previously connected?
I am not 100% sure but the heating cable may be resistance wire which , if
cut shorter may overheat.
Wait for more knowledgeable folks on here to confirm or deny this before
trying to use the shortened cables.
At best it may just blow the fuse,

Do be careful.
regards
Cineman
"Michael Savage" wrote in message
Hi

I finally got round to cutting the 26m heating cable I was given a couple
of years ago into more suitable lengths for my 2 small home made
propagators (subject of a previous post at that time). However, rather
than the single core I was expecting to see I found a thin wire core and a
outer sheath. How do I connect these back to a mains cable?

Michael S