Old 21-02-2003, 05:32 AM
Dwayne

Default Plums

What you get will be the same as the root stock used in the grafting
process. The results may still be very good.
I have planted peach trees that sprouted and grew in a compost pile, and
they produced some very good peaches.

Apple and pear seeds can be started by putting them into some damp dirt, in
a small plastic bag. Place the bag in the fruit drawer of your
refrigerator. Every 30 days take it out and look at them. After 2 months
or so, you will see them sprouting. Plant them into the dirt with the
sprout down. In 60 days or so, you will have some cute little fruit trees.
My wife now has seven New Zealand Rose Apple trees in the window. Now we
have to find someone to give most of them to.

Good luck. Dwayne

"A Davis" wrote in message
Hello All

Will Plum stones, apple/orange pips, etc, grow in the garden or indoors in
Compost, & if so are there particular techniques required to grow them?

Regards Al