Old 26-01-2006, 04:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Timothy

Default Experience with Cockadoodle DOO Organic Weed Control?

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:38:35 -0500, Lauren wrote:

"Timothy" wrote in message
news

Your numbers are just wrong. The 100 pounds per 5000 square comes from
(O' gawd that name!!) Cockadoodle DOO's info page. They sell it... I
would take their word for it. There are other fact sheets that suggest
the application of 20 pounds per 1000

If they are selling it, I sure wouldn't take their word for it. If, in
fact, it is corn gluten, 20 lbs. per 1,000 won't control very many weeds.
But don't take my word for it, try it yourself.

Yes it is corn gluten, the site says so and I'm sure the bag does also.
Corn gluten _does_not_ control weeds. It controls seed germination or
rather suppresses seed germination. A pre-emergent is not a weed killer
and never will work as such.

How 'bout this.... I'll take their word for it and all of the other
independent, scientifically based, peer reviewed research. Btw, everyone
agrees, 20 per 1000 or 100 per 5000.

http://www.gluten.iastate.edu/

http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/biopes...eet_100137.htm

http://www.pesticide.org/pubs/alts/c...lutenmeal.html