Old 26-01-2006, 06:02 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Susan H. Simko

Default Planting figs and muscadines

Steve wrote:

What are the other varieties you're planting? And will they be
pollinated in this area? A number of figs are only pollinated by a
certain wasp so won't produce fruit if grown in an area without the
wasps. I have Celeste and Brown Turkey figs and will likely add a
couple more this spring.

I ordered a Violette de Bourdeaux from them a couple of years ago. It's
self pollinating and I've gotten at least two crops of figs off of it
each year. This is the second Violette de Bourdeaux I've purchased but
the first from Paradise. The first one died really quickly on me which
is when I bought the one from Paradise. The fig as beautiful when it
arrived and hasn't given me any problems. *smile*

--
Susan
shsimko[at]duke[dot]edu