Old 26-01-2006, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default heating cable - joints etc

Michael Savage wrote:
Hi

I finally got round to cutting the 26m heating cable I was given a
couple of years ago into more suitable lengths for my 2 small home
made propagators (subject of a previous post at that time). However,
rather than the single core I was expecting to see I found a thin
wire core and a outer sheath. How do I connect these back to a mains
cable?
Michael S

As the others have replied, it's not really a good idea, I stripped about 18
inches off a 8 foot one a few years back and when re-conneted it just kept
blowing the fuse, it worked, but obviously I had altered the current /
resistance/ whatever and it would only stay on for 30 - 40 mins at a time.