Old 26-01-2006, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ron Clark

Default A happy surprise.....

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:42:35 -0500, "madgardener"
wrote this (or the missive included this):

I was searching through the extra fridge in the back room just now and came
across a happy surprise. I came across a plastic Lowes bag and inside was
one lone hyacinth bulb!! Gathering up the things I had removed to start
with, and the bag, I proceeded to go to the kitchen and hunt under the sink
and found my blue glass hyacinth forcer. Filled with clean, cold, well
water, the bulb carefully set in it's perfect position on the hyacinth jar,
it now sits in my nook in bright indirect Eastern and Southern sunlight to
start forcing.

And I thought that bulbs started in this way should be placed in the
dark for some weeks before being brought into the light. At least
that's what the instructions said on one we acquired for Xmas.

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³