Old 26-01-2006, 11:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob

Default Tulip bulbs

madgardener wrote:
You don't HAVE to do that, but it would be instant pockets of tulips. What
kind of fancy tulips? Parrots and Peony tulips will do wonderfully the
first year, fair the second year and compost the third. Lily tulips on the
other hand might actually return for you if you feed them granulated bulb
food in the fall. I have a Marilyn tulip that returns for me from a
container she lives in at the end of the sidewalk, but I think that it's two
reasons......she's a tender "perennial" tulip, and I feed her and all the
other bulbs in the fall with granulated food. (and she's seven inches deep
in the pot!) Let us know what colors and kinds and how they do. You'll
have a blast potting up those bulbs.

The are bicolored. There's not much info on the package, but the
variety names are "Blue Beauty" (they don't look blue in the picture)
and "Claudia".

Best regards,
Bob