Old 26-01-2006, 06:29 PM posted to bionet.plants

Default Extracting chlorophyll, carotenoids, anthocyanin, etc

Greetings all
I am new to pigments and have this silly question. I want to estimate the amount
of different pigments of different pigments (Extracting chlorophyll, cartenoids,
antocyanin, betalains) in different parts of Pistacia sp. What I am looking for
is detailed though simple protocol (ideally no HPLC involved) that will give us
a rough estimate of the total amount of each group of pigments. Is there a way
to do differential extraction and then read the extract in spectrophotometer? I
know that how you do chlorophyll (in acetone?), but what about the rest? Is
there a better way?
Thanks
Yoram

Haifa Uninversity in Oranim
gerchman at research.haifa.ac.il

This message was sent using IMP, the Webmail Program of Haifa University