Old 26-01-2006, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
P Williamson

Default 'Roundup' - risk of collateral damage?

Simply paint the liquid roundup not spray. I occassionally spray roundup
around woody stems of various plants to get rid of pernicious weeds and have
had no problems - just dont wave the spray wand about, spara larger droplets
and don't do it if there is a breath of wind.

"insanite" wrote in message

Hi storming
To answer your question..

Firstly if you pull up the bindweed root, it should look like a long
creamy\whitish fairly flexible root, try and get as mich of it out as
possible, sadly if you pull it out and a bit breaks of it will come
back again.
Secondly, sure you could use round up but if it is wrapped around your
plants I would advise not useing roundup especially if you are using a
sprayer.
There is a stick of weedkiller you can get called touchweeder, which is
waxy applicator and sure it is labourious applying the stuff but it does
the job and there is no risk to to your roses and pyracantha.
Hope this helps ya out

--
insanite