Old 26-01-2006, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Moles!

Ono Notim wrote:
Hi all
I have moles in the garden!
So far they have made a mess of the roadside verge and an occasional
hole at the edge of the lawn - most are in the garden. They seem to
delight in making holes between cottage style paving slabs.
What's the best cure to make them move on, please?
Rather NOT use the Jasper Carrot method as I am a little shaky with a
12bore on a stool and it is damn cold this time of year (;D.
Thanks
O.N.

In my experience, and I think that of most others here, if they like
your place then they or their relatives will always come back. It's just
one of those questions of you providing the habitat and nature doing the
rest. For no discernible reason I used to attract moles when my
next-door neighbour didn't, even when we had a cat and a dog and they
didn't have so much as a hamster. It can be a nuisance, I know; but it's
usually only for a limited period each year -- if that's any comfort!
Sorry.

You could lift the paving and make a concrete base, of course. Then
they'll probably pop up in the lawn or the flower-beds instead!

--
Mike.