Old 27-01-2006, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

Default Need flower identification posters

The message
from pierrot contains these words:

Hi all,

This is my first message on this forum. I am presently teaching myself
horticulture (will go on a proper course later in the year) and wanted
to know where could I purchase posters or charts of
flowers/plants/shrubs identification.

Books would be so much better than posters or pdf files. They contain
far more information in a convenient portable format. It's difficult to
carry posters around a garden or park, and unroll them to match a
picture or description to an ID.

IMO the best-value books for all kinds of plant ID are the
photographic-plants series by Roger Phillips and Martyn Rix.They're easy
for beginners to navigate round but also very useful when you become
more knowledgeable. Cost around 15 pounds each but superb vale for
money.

In advance many thanks
PS: I tend to visit forums for a question then forgot which forum I
asked wich question. Please email me at: .

This is a newsgroup for gardening discussions, not a private advisory
service.

Janet