Old 27-01-2006, 02:20 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jim

Default Ball Moss?

Ball moss and lichen-like growths on the bark itself don't usually harm
trees. Commonly, one will see both on both varieties of oak that is
prevalent in the Austin and central S. Texas area.

However, if the tree has some heavy parasitic insect infestation, is
weakened, and the two piggy back parasites (ball moss and lichen) on the
tree perceive this as weakening as a reason to proliferate; it will weaken
the tree even further. May even participate in the tree's death.
Jonny
"Cliff" wrote in message
t...
Baking Soda at couple tablespoons per Gallon. I expect you know that
killing it doesn't mean it will let go of the branch and drop to the
ground. It will continue to hang on until it rots but killing it now will
prevent it from putting out more "seeds". It does no harm to the trees or
what ever it is growing on.

"Frank" wrote in message
nk.net...
That time again when my neighbors trees throw ball moss to my trees.
Is there anything besides Kocide that will kill the ball moss?