Old 27-01-2006, 11:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann

Default lily beetles

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

I think the beetles arrived within in 2 years of that here. Maybe one!

Until there is a better solution then hand picking, I give up on lilies. Not
my daylilies that are, thankfully unaffected, but glory days of scent are
gone her.

Yea, the little bastages ate all of my species lilies I'd collected
over years and years, along with the fritillarias. They're still out
there in the summer munching on whatever stragglers come up. I've
given up lilies completely ( Hopefully someday they'll come up with
something that really works.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts