Old 27-01-2006, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eur Ing John Rye

Default Moles!

Hello Ono

In article ,
Ono Notim wrote:
Hi all
I have moles in the garden!
So far they have made a mess of the roadside verge and an occasional hole
at the edge of the lawn - most are in the garden. They seem to delight in
making holes between cottage style paving slabs. What's the best cure to
make them move on, please? Rather NOT use the Jasper Carrot method as I am
a little shaky with a 12bore on a stool and it is damn cold this time of
year

My paving slabs ar set on sand, and they tunnel under the paths and use them
as their equivalent of the M1. I suspect that that is what they are doing in
your garden. You are just seein where there has been a minor roof collapse.

In general I tolerate them, but occasionally I discourage them a bit by
burying holly in the line of their runs.

John

--
EurIng J Rye CEng FIEE Electrical Engineering Consultant
18 Wentworth Close Hadleigh IPSWICH IP7 5SA England