Old 28-01-2006, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
doug

Default Moles!

"Flower Bobdew" wrote in message
In article .com, Garden
Oasis writes

The second option is a Swedish import called Sork Anti-Mole Bulbs. I
have no idea what is in the bulbs but again, you 'plant' these around
the garden and the smell encourages the moles to move on.

Not!

They have been available in Sweden for over 9 years and claims to be the
only natural product that makes moles move on without the use of poisons.

Seemed like a great idea. My moles love 'em. : 7

I'll be watching this thread with interest, but if I see a 100% tried,
tested and trusted response, I'll be happy, yet surprised.

The original poster might just be better off/learn to live with the
They're not active all the time. And, funnily enough, when you're not
actively trying to get rid of them it's not nearly as frustrating/annoying
as failing to do so.

--
Flower Bobdew
South Facing Garden

**********
You got the mowdewarps in, then?.
Tough luck!
Learn to love 'em, Most Farmers use mowdewarp catchers. These chaps set
their traps in the "runs". They skin the "catch" them and nail the said
skins on to nearby fences for the farmer to count when on his "rounds" in
the fields and hedgerows.
They are busy on my nearby country roadsides just now.
You can buy the traps but you just wouldn't know how or where to put them.
It's an old country expert's job, - they know by long experience just how
them there mowdewarps live.
Years ago my cousin lived near a farm and he was the local mowdie catcher.
He skinned them and cured them by tacking them spreadeagled onto a board
outside. when the sun was shining days and when he had collected enough
they were sent away to be made into ladie's coats.
Doug.