Old 29-01-2006, 12:25 PM
davidmaynard1 davidmaynard1 is offline
Registered User

Location: Lancaster United Kingdom
Default Winter Cauliflowers

Hi was wondering if someone could help me here. When are Winter Cauliflowers supposed to form their heads? I have an Armando April Variety from the Dutch strain.

The leaves were badly damaged by Cabbage White; and other; caterpillars which decimated some of the leaves. Can anyone recommend a way of keeping caterpillars off Brassicas? I am worried that the damage has caused them not to form heads.

My Dad used to grown them several years ago, and said that on some occasions his went blind. I watered them throughout the dry summer, and tried to keep pest down to a minimum.

Be grateful for any help

Dave