Old 29-01-2006, 10:07 PM
penance penance is offline
Registered User

Location: Bristol

Quote:
If the tree is overhanging the boundary, the neighbour is legally
entitled to have every overhanging part cut back to the boundary line.
Even if the overhanging section is the main leader of the trunk.
Not so, it is reasonable as long as the work carried out does not pose a threat to the tree, this is assuming the tree is healthy and not a threat to property or people.
There has been a precedence set in court for this (in the UK). I have the reference in my college notes somewhere.
Carrot Cruncher.