Old 25-02-2003, 06:46 PM
nicky

Default any hope for my fushias?

"david" wrote in message
A few years ago I had a Fuchsia Magalenica alba which was around 6ft heigh
and which had come through 4 or 5 winters with just around 50 to 60 % die
back, then we had a really hard set of frost and it was killed back to
ground level, I had given up on it but mid July it started shooting from
below ground, and by the end of the season it was back to around 3ft.
If your plant is 2 or 3 years old then it will have much more chance than

if
it was facing its first winter.

--
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Thanks David and Victoria,

It was their first winter but I live in hope that they may still
survive....Out of interest are there any truly hardy fuchsias?

Nicky