Old 30-01-2006, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,alt.aquaria
Koi-lo

Default How much aeration needed?

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article .com,
Cliff L wrote:
It's more natural than a plain glass bottom.

True, but I wonder how common a gravel subtrate is
for aquarium fish in the wild, as opposed to mud or
larger river stones.

People poeple... are we losing sight of the unnaturallness of those
glass walls?

How many rivrs have glass walls and welding tanks and shop lights
(has a quick look in the backyard) none here... anyone?

I think the fish are more comfortable with something natural such as gravel,
sand or pebbles on the bottom of their tanks than bare glass. Others may
disagree of course. Whatever works for you and your particular fish. :-)
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952